CREATOR SPACE TINY BOOK CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR RECEIVE PRIZES.
PURCHASE OR ACCEPTANCE OF A PRODUCT OFFER DOES NOT IMPROVE
YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Email your English, original short story of no more than 15 sentences of 15 words (the “Submission”) to email@example.com. Submissions in excess of 225 words will not be accepted.
Maximum Entries Allowed
1 per person
Contest opens February 9, 2021 at 11:59 am Eastern Time “ET” and closes March 15, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET.
All entries must be received by close of the Entry Period.
April 15, 2021
Contest is open to legal residents of the continental U.S. and Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their state/territory of residence or older at the time of entry.
Employees and immediate family members of: the Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and all agencies, entities and persons engaged in the marketing, judging and/or administration of this Contest are not eligible.
One (1) custom “mini book” to be created based on the winning Submission. Approximate retail price (“ARV”) is $500 USD.
Harlequin Enterprises ULC, Bay Adelaide Centre, East Tower, 22 Adelaide St. W, 41st Floor, Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 4E3
Odds of Winning
Odds of winning are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received and the application of the Judging Criteria.
To participate in the Contest, an Eligible Entrant must perform the Entry Method(s) during the Entry Period. No other methods of entry will be accepted, and each Eligible Entrant may not exceed the Maximum Entries Allowed (any entries in excess of the Maximum Entries Allowed will be disqualified). The computer of the Sponsor is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
Entrants who do not meet the criteria for an Eligible Entrant will be disqualified. The Sponsor may further, in its sole discretion, disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest.
By entering the Contest, all Eligible Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions the Sponsor, which are final and binding. A copy of these Official Rules is available online via the Promotion Website.
Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. Potential winners may be required to verify that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
The Sponsor will have no obligation to communicate with Eligible Entrants except with the Eligible Entrants selected for a Prize.
On or about the Selection Date, potential winner(s) will be selected by the judges (who will be internal to the Sponsor), in their absolute discretion based on the following criteria:
- Overall creativity of the Submission;
- Compliance with the restrictions set out in the Entry Method, above; and
- The Submission’s ability to uplift, entertain and provide a Happily-Ever-After ending.
Any potential winners will be notified by email and must respond and complete any required documentation within five (5) days of notification. If a potential winner fails to respond within the stated timeline, or if a prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected.
Once a potential winner has responded with all required documentation in good order, they will be awarded the Prize.
Delivery of Prize requires a full street address (P.O. boxes are not accepted), which may be requested by the Sponsor. As the Prize will be custom made to reflect the Submission, please allow 3 months for delivery. Mailed Prize will not be insured and the Sponsor will not assume any liability for any lost, damaged, or misdirected Prize.
Winner(s) will be responsible for all applicable taxes associated with their acceptance of the Prize and any other expense not explicitly included in the description of the Prize.
The Prize (and any and all portions thereof) must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. In the event that a specific prize item is discontinued or otherwise unavailable, a prize item or cash of equal or greater value may be awarded to a winner in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. In no event will the Sponsor be obligated to award more than the stated number of prizes.
GRANT OF RIGHTS AND REPRESENTATION/WARRANTIES
By providing the Submission to the Sponsor, each Entrant irrevocably conveys, transfers, and assigns to the Sponsor all right, title and interest to the Submission, throughout the world, in perpetuity, including for use in connection with the administration, promotion, and exploitation of the Contest and general marketing by the Sponsor. For further clarity, the Submission will become the sole property of the Sponsor and the Sponsor will have no obligation to return the Submission to the Entrant for any reason.
By participating in this Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants that the Submission:
- does not contain any material, language or gestures that are libelous, defamatory, indecent, profane, obscene or violent and does not violate any laws;
- is original, solely created by the Entrant and that no third party participated as an author, co-author or otherwise in the creation of the Submission or any part thereof;
- and all rights, title and interest therein is owned and/or controlled by the Entrant to the full extent necessary to enable the Sponsor to use the Submission as contemplated by these Official Rules; and does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights, proprietary interests or other rights of any third party;
- does not contain any recognizable logos or any other copyrighted material;
- does not contain any mention or endorsement of any commercial product, service, venture or thing; and
- has not been submitted in connection with any other contest and/or promotional campaign.
Sponsor reserves the right to exclude any Submission for any reason whatsoever, including on the basis that the Submission does not satisfy any of the above representations and warranties.
Conditions, RELEASE AND INDEMNITIES
A potential winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release that confirms the potential winner’s:
- Eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules, and acceptance of the Prize as offered;
- Release and indemnification of the Releasees as set out below;
- Grant of rights and Representations and Warranties in respect of the Submission as set out above; and
- Consent to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, and biographical material for purposes of advertising and publicity relating to the Contest, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Canadian residents may further be required to answer a skill testing question.
This Contest is void, in whole or part, where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
Releasees shall mean the Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates and/or subsidiaries, agents and promotion agencies and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents and administrators.
Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Releasees:
- Are not responsible for printing, clerical or typographical errors of any kind or nature relating to entries.
- Shall not be liable for damages, injuries or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part from participation in the Contest, or from acceptance and/or use or misuse of the Prize.
- Assume no liability for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, undeliverable or misdirected entries, notifications and/or responses, or for any computer, online, software, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry.
- Are not responsible for damage to any Entrant’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in connection with this Contest.
- Assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes outside the control of the Releasees which impair or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest.
- Assume no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by an Entrant’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in Entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail.
Entrants further acknowledge and agree that by participating in the Contest they:
- Release the Releasees from and against any and all claims, actions, liabilities, judgments, damages, penalties, and expenses of any kind (including legal fees) in any way arising from or in relation to the Entrant’s participation in the Contest or any Prize-related activity, the acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any Prize, or any of Entrant’s representations or warranties.
- Will indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all claims, actions, liabilities, judgments, damages, penalties, and expenses of any kind (including legal fees) in any way arising from or in relation to the Entrant’s participation in the Contest, any Prize-related activity, or the acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any Prize, or any of Entrant’s representations and warranties.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Privacy and Use of Personal Information
Subject to any governmental approval which may be required, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice. In the event that the Contest is terminated or suspended, the Sponsor will select winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action.
APPLICABLE LAW AND FORUM
Each Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this Contest and these Official Rules will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario, without regard to conflict of laws, and all claims arising out of or relating to this Contest and these Official Rules will be brought solely in the court located in Ontario.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and other Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook in any manner. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not Facebook. By entering the Contest, the Entrant acknowledges and agrees that he/she is providing his/her information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook.
Twitter, Tweet and Twitter.com are the trademarks and service marks of Twitter, Inc. All rights reserved. The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter in any manner. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not Twitter. By entering the Contest, the Entrant acknowledges and agrees that he/she is providing his/her information to the Sponsor and not to Twitter.
The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram in any manner. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not Instagram. By entering the Contest, the Entrant acknowledges and agrees that he/she is providing his/her information to the Sponsor and not to Instagram.
To receive the official name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, between February 15, 2021 and March 15, 2021, to: Mini-Book Contest Winner, c/o Harlequin Enterprises ULC, Bay Adelaide Centre, East Tower, 22 Adelaide St. W, 41st Floor, Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 4E3.